Soviet Union, Self Concept & Standing your Ground with Yuri Kruman
Soviet Union, Self Concept & Standing your Ground with Yuri KrumanYuri is the CEO of HR, Talent & Systems Consulting, an award-winning HR consultancy. As a certified SHRM-SCP, he is likewise a sought-after speaker and expert on HR, Digital Transformation and Employee Experience (EX). He is also a Forbes Coaches Council member and contributor to Entrepreneur, Business.com, Influencive and several other top platforms. He has consulted and spoken at numerous Fortune 500 and Inc. 5000 companies, VC-backed startups, and top universities, including EY, Google, Columbia and UPenn. In addition, his executive leadership coaching practice has impacted thousands of top executives. He is the author of the forthcoming book, "Be Your Own Commander-in-Chief," (Ideapress Publishing, 2021). In today’s episode, Yuri talks to Monique about making mistakes in every area of his life through inefficiency and stubbornness, then has to unwind the damage through the right mindset and learning and implementing methods of efficiency.
HOT TOPICS OF THE EPISODE
[1:12] – Monique introduces her guest, Yuri Kruman.
[1:29] – I want to know who you are, where are you from, and what do you do?
- I do HR consulting.
- I do executive coaching.
- I write as well, I speak.
[7:24] – Share with me about the Soviet Union that you have experienced.
- It was a place that had its own very specific rules.
- I just kind of grew up with that awareness like, “keep it to yourself, don’t rely on anyone else. Don’t ask anyone for help because you don’t want to be beholden to anyone”.
[12:45] – Yuri talks about Semitism.
[17:53] – So do you think there should be more conversations about how anti Semitism looks these days? And how can we change that?
- The trouble with anti semitism, it’s always rearing its ugly head.
- If you really dig what it is, that’s the modern anti-Semitism.
[21:25] – How was it for you, as a nine year old?
- I was probably a little bit too serious even for a Soviet kid.
- My childhood was anything but conventional.
[26:55] – Yuri talks about his experiences having a Russian identity and American identity.
[52:01] – What does efficiency mean to you?
- Efficiency is basically more or less cutting away all the junk and all the wrong people and leaving whatever is left in some kind of digestible order that can allow you to maybe get sleep once in a while.
[53:37] – Which of the three things would you keep doing over and over again to get back to success?
- Time management.
- Block out the wrong things.
- Go back to default lenses.
Ready to create an abundance of
TIME in your life?
Are you constantly chasing time, feeling like your to-do lists filling up faster than you can work them off? Overwhelm, stress and exhaustion are your weekly companions even though you didn’t invite them over … and too often you are saying yes to things you actually wanted to say no to?
Is your energy low, you are asking yourself where all the fun has been left and you just wish you had more time… you know for all of those things you don’t even dare to write down on one of your lists. Then it’s time for you to read:
The T.I.M.E. Method™ – A no bullsh*t guide to creating an abundance of time
AWESOME RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE