Lessons, Leverage & Legacy with Matt Young
Lessons, Leverage & Legacy with Matt YoungMatt Young is a Real Estate Marketing Expert & Business Advisor who is also recognized as a Top 20 Entrepreneur by Forbes. His work has gained attention from major publications such as ABC, NBC, FOX, Entrepreneur, YahooFinance, Today Show, Thrive Global and more. In today’s episode, Matt and Monique are talking about what it takes to overcome adversity from a young age, to scaling your business and having the proper mindset to achieving your goals.
HOT TOPICS OF THE EPISODE
[01:44] – Monique introduces her guest, Matt Young.
[02:48] – Who are you? Where are you from? And what do you do?
- I am a real estate marketing expert.
- I own two different companies.
[04:28] – Do you think your Italian or your Chinese side is coming out more when you’re in the board meeting?
- It depends on whether I’m running mathematics or having to throw people over the dock more or less.
[04:52] – Tell me how you got started.
- When I was eight, that transpired into me thinking of different entrepreneurial ways to make money.
[06:13] – When you were eight years old and you found yourself basically homeless, how was your first reaction at that moment?
- At that moment I was thinking that I could shovel driveways in New York to be able to make my own money.
[12:02] – When you’ve been homeless you were still in school. How did you deal with that situation?
- I think that there was a lot of pride involved.
- I didn’t really share with my teachers or with my friends what my scenario was.
[16:30] – So what was the turning point for you and wanting something new?
- I would say probably the biggest turning point was when I was 20 years old.
[17:25] – When you had this turning point, what was the big mindset shift for you?
- I think that the perspective shift was that I have to take accountability for every single thing in my life, whether good or bad.
[19:11] – Who was the biggest influence in your life?
- A lot of my influences come from people that I probably haven’t even met.
[22:44] – Do you think that’s a learned skill to be resilient?
- I think everybody has that strength and resilience inside of them.
- I think that it’s just called upon at different moments.
[58:55] – What does efficiency mean to you?
- Efficiency means seeing a way of doing things and creating a more streamlined or more automated or more delegated process to be able to accomplish what others are doing but in less time.
[59:36] – Which three things would you do over and over again to get back up to success?
- I would delegate 99% of my business.
- I would network.
- Don’t take advice from anybody who’s not where I want to be.
AWESOME RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
IN THIS EPISODE