Community, Challenges & Choices with Joshua ChinJoshua Chin is the co-founder and CEO of Chronos Agency, an eCommerce marketing agency helping eCommerce brands scale profits with email marketing. They have worked well with over 200 eCommerce brands to date, boosting their clients’ revenues by an average of 20-30%. In today’s episode, Joshua talks to Monique about how this company was actually built in a dorm room, a full time internship and degree at the same time and graduating on time, with a team of 30 full timers at the point of graduation.
HOT TOPICS OF THE EPISODE
[1:21] – Monique introduces her guest, Joshua Chin.
[4:51] – How’s the situation in Singapore right now?
- It’s been tough for the past three months.
[12:26] – Joshua talks about a Youtube channel regarding documentaries on vaccines.
[27:49] – How did you start it out? Did you have a community around?
- At the start I didn’t exactly have a community.
- My company was launched in a dorm room.
[37:44] – When did you actually move to Singapore?
- That was in 2009 and I was 12 years old back then.
[55:22] – What would you say to people who don’t have a network? How to find it for themselves?
- Start messaging random people on Facebook.
[1:04:54] – Joshua talks about introverts in general.
[1:23:23] – What does efficiency mean to you?
- Getting what you want in the most effective way.
[1:24:05] – Which of the three things would you keep doing over and over again to get back to success?
- Focus on building meaningful relationships.
- Think in systems and not in kind of individual tasks.
- I would probably rethink the number of meetings I’m taking in any given week.
AWESOME RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE