Introversion, Immigration & Identity Raj Subrameyer
Introversion, Immigration & Identity Raj SubrameyerRaj Subrameyer is a motivational speaker, writer, and tech career coach who helps people step into the leadership role of their dreams through his services and speeches. He is helping countless people to discover their zone of genius and leverage it to live the life that they love. In his spare time, he loves traveling with his family and discovering new experiences which include craft beer.In today’s episode, Raj and Monique are talking about how overcoming self-doubt, low confidence, and low self-esteem as an introvert helped Raj become one of the top keynote speakers in the tech industry. The episode also goes into detail about discovering new ways to be highly productive and produce impactful work throughout this journey.
HOT TOPICS OF THE EPISODE
[01:27] – Monique introduces her guest, Raj Subrameyer.
[01:38] – Tell us about who you are, where you from, and what you do?
- I’m a tech career coach.
- I do speaking and writing for companies, I speak at various conferences on different topics, which includes AI, software development, and also non-tech topics like leadership, motivation, and then self-confidence.
[07:19] – When was the point that you felt like you had to change something to get out of this “inferiority syndrome” that you felt trapped within your family?
- The trigger-event was in the 2nd year of under-grad
- My family and me were in my room and I was again advised on what career path to take and it just didn’t feel right
[09:13] – What made you think at that moment when you step up and speak up and prove them wrong?
- It’s all those small moments, which actually brought me to that moment where I had the blow-up with my parents. And I think it was all a gradual transition of small wins, which gave me the confidence.
[11:38] – How did your parents react?
- They were pretty shocked.
- And they were taken aback and they didn’t see that comment at all.
[14:44] – What do you think did this situation cause within your brother, watching all of that?
- My brother was oblivious, in terms of what was happening inside me, not to ay that he’s a great guy.
[21:17] – Talk to me about the decision to move to the US.
- I came to the US in 2008 to pursue my master’s in software engineering.
[38:01] – Raj shares his experiences on the intercultural differences.
[48:34] – What was the biggest thing that changed for you being an introvert?
- I started looking for opportunities where I could get out of my comfort zone.
[53:36] – What are you doing at that moment to overcome this fear and still introduce yourself?
- The first thing is I realized everyone was human and they started from somewhere, everyone comes out as a baby.
[57:19] – What does efficiency mean to you?
- It would be trying to optimize processes. You can help to solve complex problems with simple solutions, and also help to finish work ahead of time.
[58:14] – Which of the three things would you do over and over again, to basically build your success up again?
- Finding your purpose.
- Serving others to be happy in life.
- It’s never too late to make a change.
AWESOME RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE