Self-Awareness, Systems & Support with Loic Alix-Brown
Self-Awareness, Systems & Support with Loic Alix-BrownLoic is one of the CEOs and Co-Founders at Flick, a SAAS solution to help entrepreneurs, content creators, and small businesses find the best hashtags to reach their target audience on Instagram. In today’s episode, Loic and Monique are talking about how being efficient with money and a small team helped him turn his agency from being in debt to a highly successful software company in only 18 months.
HOT TOPICS OF THE EPISODE
[1:33] – Monique introduces her guest, Loic Alix-Brown.
[1:58] – Introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about who you are, where you are located, what you do?
- My name is Loic Alix-Brown.
- I’m half French, half English.
- I am the head of the product of flick.tech.
[2:59] – Where did you grow up?
- I was actually born in London.
- I did go to a French school.
- My whole education was French.
[3:44] – What was your childhood experience growing up in London?
- I was very lucky to have a sort of very close parent to me who did take very good care of me.
- I have quite a sheltered childhood.
[5:29] – Loic talks about why he decided to start working by the age of 16.
[7:44] – Where do you think does this mindset come from?
- Part of it was school and just a general dynamic between myself and my friends.
- We always push each other quite hard in a nice way.
[10:26] – How did you get started in building a drone?
- Did some research from youtube videos.
- A detailed blog post about how to build a drone.
[13:57] – Loic talks about the very start of his digital marketing journey.
[17:55] – What has been enabling you with your mindset to go faster and further with this company?
- There’s a lot of hard work that goes into it.
- I’ve been very lucky with the people I’ve met. My business partners are absolutely amazing.
[30:27] – Loic talks about how he managed to organize his time between school and a building a business.
[39:03] – What does efficiency mean to you?
- Efficiency is just making the most of the time you have.
[39:28] – Which of the three things would you do over and over again, to get back to success?
- Finding my current co-founders somehow.
- Optimizing my organizational skills a lot earlier.
- I’m cultivating this idea of accountability.
AWESOME RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE