Millennials, Mindset & Mental Health with Jacqueline CrippsJacqueline is an author, speaker, and consultant. She works internationally with organizations and individuals to help them achieve goals, overcome obstacles and become empowered. With qualifications in psychology and social sciences and over a decade of experience in the public sector, Jacqueline offers captivating, authentic and direct professional guidance surrounding millennials and generational diversity.In today’s episode, Jacqueline and Monique are talking about how Millennials are going to change the workforce.
HOT TOPICS OF THE EPISODE
[01:53] – Monique introduces her guest, Jacqueline Cripps
[02:30] – Tell everyone a little bit about you.
- I’m currently living in London, Australian born.
- Over the last couple of years have been building my own business here in London.
- What I’m passionate about doing is helping empower organizations and Millennials.
[07:01] – Monique and Jacqueline talk about different kinds of generations:
- Generation X: Born 1965-1980 (38-53 years old)
- Generation Y: Born 1981-1996 (22-37 years old)
- Generation Z: Born 1997-Present (0-21 years old)
- Baby Boomers: Born 1946-1964 (54-72 years old)
[09:28] – What do you think are the characteristics that make millennials so different from the generations before?
- We’re growing up in a world where we’re influenced by technology.
- We are shaped by instant gratification in terms of meeting everything done now.
[24:46] – How can we take this into corporations and businesses as a millennial?
- I think Millennials are definitely much more attracted to working for organizations that are making a difference already.
[27:22] – Was there any kind of situation where you really kind of run against the wall?
- I was experiencing what I want to call the intergenerational conflict in the workplace.
[34:52] – How did you get into the burnout and how did it feel for you?
- I became really rundown, constant sickness, I had no social life.
[38:30] – What did you do to admit and acknowledge this mindset shift out of like “I literally have to stop being on this GO GO GO mentality”?
- I guess from a step by step point of view:
- What is actually a priority and why is it a priority?
- Why am I doing what I’m doing?
- If it’s not for you, then don’t do it.
[48:29] – How do you define efficiency?
- Efficiency is just doing the best that I can do in what I do and getting things done that I want to do.
[48:46] – Which would be the top three things that you would always repeat?
- I think going back to what I was saying before:
- Time management.
- Realistic expectations.
- Learning how to manifest what you want and work with energy.
AWESOME RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
IN THIS EPISODE
Part: Smashed Avocado and the Quarter-Life Crisis:
Meditation App to practice awareness: