Failing, Foundations & Frameworks with Miha MatlievskiIn 2009, Miha had four companies go bankrupt overnight: landing him $5 million in debt. Contemplating suicide to escape the pain as he looked over the balcony, he had a life-saving AH-HA moment. He realized that failure was a normal part of life: admitting to himself that he failed and to recognize he needed to stop blaming others and circumstances. This was the turning point when he made a choice to learn from his failures so he could do things differently in the future and to help others.In today’s episode, Miha and Monique are talking about how to create a business and scaling it to 8 figures in less than a year and Miha's life mission to help entrepreneurs develop a healthy relationship with failure
HOT TOPICS OF THE EPISODE
[01:41] – Monique introduces her guest, Miha Matlievski.
[02:29] – Tell us who you are, where you from and what you’re doing?
- I’m originally from Slovenia.
- I’m the fail coach. So far, I think I’m still the only fail coach in the world.
- I mostly help entrepreneurs because we entrepreneurs with our crazy big dreams and goals, we have to be out of the comfort zone a lot and that’s where failure happens.
[04:10] – Miha talks about an entrepreneur’s journey and failures.
[05:36] – Miha explains how important foundations are.
[17:06] – Miha gives advice to those who might be thinking about starting an entrepreneurial journey.
[19:02] – Miha talks about how he was doing at school by the age of 17.
[24:04] – Miha explains how greediness ruined his entire career.
[33:36] – Miha talks about how he loves being surrounded by fellow entrepreneurs.
[35:27] – Talk me a little bit through the identity crisis that you must have experienced?!
So when I started working, one of the first things that I did was I had to figure out:
- Who am I?
- What do I stand for?
- What are my values?
- My beliefs, my priorities, my goals.
[47:00] – When you actually tried to re-discover yourself: What type of questions would you ask yourself?
- Do I really believe this?
- How does this reflect?
- Why am I then not doing this?
- Why I’m doing the opposite?
[56:59] – What does efficiency mean to you?
- Efficiency is when you do something, do that properly.
- Efficiency is just being mindful of your resources.
- The constant finding of that balance between quality and quantity.
[1:02:13] – What would be the three things that you would keep doing over and over to get to success again?
- Morning Routine is so important because it puts you in your driver’s seat from the start of the day.
- Practicing mindfulness.
- Practicing emotional intelligence.
AWESOME RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
IN THIS EPISODE
IMPACTFUL QUOTES OF THIS EPISODE
No entrepreneurial journey goes without any failures.
Failing, get you to success but second of all foundations is what makes failing less painful
Building a business is the same thing as building your house.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT