Failing, Foundations & Frameworks with Miha MatlievskiIn 2009, Miha had four companies go bankrupt overnight: landing him $5 million in debt. Contemplating suicide to escape the pain as he looked over the balcony, he had a life-saving AH-HA moment. He realized that failure was a normal part of life: admitting to himself that he failed and to recognize he needed to stop blaming others and circumstances. This was the turning point when he made a choice to learn from his failures so he could do things differently in the future and to help others.In today’s episode, Miha and Monique are talking about how to create a business and scaling it to 8 figures in less than a year and Miha's life mission to help entrepreneurs develop a healthy relationship with failure
HOT TOPICS OF THE EPISODE
[01:41] – Monique introduces her guest, Miha Matlievski.
[02:29] – Tell us who you are, where you from and what you’re doing?
- I’m originally from Slovenia.
- I’m the fail coach. So far, I think I’m still the only fail coach in the world.
- I mostly help entrepreneurs because we entrepreneurs with our crazy big dreams and goals, we have to be out of the comfort zone a lot and that’s where failure happens.
[04:10] – Miha talks about an entrepreneur’s journey and failures.
[05:36] – Miha explains how important foundations are.
[17:06] – Miha gives advice to those who might be thinking about starting an entrepreneurial journey.
[19:02] – Miha talks about how he was doing at school by the age of 17.
[24:04] – Miha explains how greediness ruined his entire career.
[33:36] – Miha talks about how he loves being surrounded by fellow entrepreneurs.
[35:27] – Talk me a little bit through the identity crisis that you must have experienced?!
So when I started working, one of the first things that I did was I had to figure out:
- Who am I?
- What do I stand for?
- What are my values?
- My beliefs, my priorities, my goals.
[47:00] – When you actually tried to re-discover yourself: What type of questions would you ask yourself?
- Do I really believe this?
- How does this reflect?
- Why am I then not doing this?
- Why I’m doing the opposite?
[56:59] – What does efficiency mean to you?
- Efficiency is when you do something, do that properly.
- Efficiency is just being mindful of your resources.
- The constant finding of that balance between quality and quantity.
[1:02:13] – What would be the three things that you would keep doing over and over to get to success again?
- Morning Routine is so important because it puts you in your driver’s seat from the start of the day.
- Practicing mindfulness.
- Practicing emotional intelligence.
AWESOME RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
IN THIS EPISODE