Expectations, Empowerment & Ethnic Minorities with Sheng HerrA business strategist and founder of the minority girl boss society - empowers minority service-based and creative girl bosses to build their dream business, market it online, and create a life that they love.Raised in the Hmong culture, which has many limiting rules and expectations of women, Sheng has boldly stepped out of the boundaries of her culture!In today’s episode, Sheng and Monique are talking about the big & important mission to empower minority women entrepreneurs to have it all!
HOT TOPICS OF THE EPISODE
[1:34] – Monique introduces her guest, Sheng Herr.
[1:57] – Tell everyone who you are. What you’re doing? Where are you from?
- My name is Sheng.
- I am a business, diversity and inclusivity strategist.
[3:19] – Tell me a little bit more about how you got to work in the space of minorities.
- I keep having this hunger.
- It was like a calling for me.
[5:46] – Tell everyone a little bit about where you were born and what’s your ethnicity.
- I was born in Thailand, and then I came to America around three years old.
- I grew up within the Hmong culture, and I was bouncing this American culture.
[7:19] – Can you explain a little bit about what is the Hmong community?
- The Hmong community originated in China.
- There are many different types of Hmong and then a lot of us, some of us migrated to America.
[13:05] – Sheng talks about how blessed she is for having a business partner and husband at the same time.
[15:20] – How you felt like having this supportive community and having friends from different cultures?
- I just went and look for those communities who supported me.
[18:36] – How do you go about seeking them out and what would be the first steps to approach them?
- Google, Facebook.
- I just asked the people I would meet daily.
[22:02] – Have you had a lot of cultural experiences within relationships?
- No, not at all.
- I was very strategic with my relationships.
[34:38] – Tell me a little bit about how you’re raising your boys and how you’re making sure you are preserving your culture while being the rebellious beautiful woman that you are.
- The way I’m raising my boys completely different is that in our culture, we don’t say I love you.
- So the way I preserve my culture with them is that my husband I decided to homeschool them.
[52:04] – What does efficiency mean to you?
- Efficiency means a focus on the things that will bring you happiness and fulfillment and will create an impact in the world.
[53:10] – What are the three things that you would keep doing over and over again to get to success again?
- Own your identity.
- Know your self-worth.
- Use the power of choices.
AWESOME RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
IN THIS EPISODE