Beliefs, Behavior & Business with Dane KnightonDane is regarded by others as one of the top copywriters and watched by over 1.5 million people across the globe. He’s also previously been a bodybuilding competitor and is the author of 4 books. In today’s episode, Dane and Monique are talking about why you should start any type of work by finding the principles behind it and not starting to work on the tactics. This also lead Dane to be able to learn any skill in a very short time.
HOT TOPICS OF THE EPISODE
[02:08] – Monique introduces her guest, Dane Knighton.
[02:22] – Tell everyone who are you? What are you doing and why you’re doing it?
- I guess I self identify more as a copywriter as a skill. I prefer to do strategic partnerships because it’s beneficial for both parties.
[03:09] – So how did you get into copywriting?
- I was doing loads of content for fitness YouTube videos.
- I couldn’t sell at all. So that’s how I started to learn how to write copy
[05:10] – So first of all, what does that have to do with your acne picture on the website?
- I guess the acne pitch has more to do with the fitness content.
[05:41] – After you started learning how to write copy, did you ever get to the point where you had to think about whether you’re persuading someone or you’re manipulating someone?
- It goes back to the principle of selling them what they want, give them what they need.
[06:54] – So as a woman, how do I sell them fake tits and If I don’t have them, what do I give them then?
- It depends on what kind of sexuality.
[07:56] – Do you make a difference between persuasion and manipulation? And if so when do you use which? And if you don’t make it, why not?
[12:58] – So how did you find what’s important for you and how did you get to the point to actually follow that?
- My purpose is just giving back.
[15:49] – So when you first started learning copywriting and diving into it, where did you start?
- Always start with principles.
- Reverse engineer.
[19:40] – How do I know I’m on the right track?
- The first stage is awareness
- It’s good to learn from your mistakes, but it’s even better to learn from other people’s mistakes.
- Get the right mentor.
[41:45] – What is your favorite type of copy to write?
- I’d say long-form.
[46:59] – So how do you create this bond?
- The way you create a bond is through content and it’s a free story.
[48:08] – What is the number one favorite story that you will always remember that wasn’t yours?
- Think and Grow Rich book.
[52:58] – What does efficiency actually means to you?
- Get better quality done in less time.
[54:51] – Is there anything that you do for yourself to help you stay productive while you’re writing?
- This is a quote that relates well to that question “The may consciousness of engagement, or sometimes worry a whole day.”
[57:52] – Tell me three things that looking back at your career, you would consistently repeat again because these were the most important thing for you to get where you are today.
AWESOME RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
IN THIS EPISODE