Replication, Rebellion & Revenue Leaks with Clair KimClair Kim is a business architect, millennial expert, and social media influencer. She has consulted with over 250+ companies of all stages (from ideation to exit, from no revenue to 10 figures) internationally.In today’s episode, Clair and Monique are talking about her personal brand as a musician ranked amongst the top 5% of online influencers via Klout in 2015. As well, her frameworks helped companies to increase their revenue by up to 1000% while decreasing their workload by 60%. And in the process, she’s been featured on The Today Show, Forbes, Huffington Post, Huffington Post, Addicted2Success, and more. When Clair is not geeking out on business-related things, you can find her living her stage life as a musician, or surfing through YouTube for puppy videos - and that's exactly what Monique and Clair will do in today's episode
HOT TOPICS OF THE EPISODE
[01:41] – Monique introduces her guest, Clair Kim.
[03:08] – Tell everyone what you’re doing who you are, where you from.
- I am based in Canada.
- I’m a principal consultant at Clairly Designed and what we do at Clairly Designed is conscious companies come to us when they’re ready to maximize their growth potential.
[04:15] – Clair explains what talent and revenue leaks are all about.
[24:42] – How did you find your first clients and how did you make things work?
- Just go online.
- Pretty much all those places online where I knew people will be hiring for these part-time or freelancers.
[33:50] – You mentioned you have Asian parents. Tell me a little bit about where they’re from originally.
- They are South Koreans.
[34:42] – Clair talks about her family and their business.
[38:29] – Tell me a little bit about your music career.
- When it comes to establishing a musician, brand per se, It didn’t really happen until I was about 20 years old.
[43:43] – So what would you say is your music genre, more pop, or anything specific?
- It’s going to be pop acoustic sort of a thing.
[45:39] – How are you managing your business, consulting, music, puppies, and unicorns as well as food all at once?
- Food is non-negotiable.
- My golden rule, I don’t want to starve.
- Based on how I work I found that at once I sit down I don’t like getting up.
- I like to schedule things on my productivity and my priorities and stuff like that.
[52:43] – What is one question that you wish corporations or business owners would ask you more?
- “How can we recruit the right people in the first place that is not going to fly off six months after they get the job.”
[57:35] – What does efficiency mean to you?
- Things are done in the most optimized and minimum distraction kind of way.
[58:29] – If you had to start over again with the knowledge that you have today, which three things would you do over and over again to get back up to success again?
- Business structuring activities.
- Working on that lead generation aspect.
- Tuning and optimizing the results creation and client services fulfillment.
AWESOME RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
IN THIS EPISODE